I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Mrs. A over at http://hooksanddragons.com I am honored. The sunshine award gives bloggers a chance to give their favorite bloggers a shout out, and a chance to answer questions about themselves. This is a first for me so I will try to do it justice.
Thank the person who nominated you for the Sunshine Award and link back to their blog.
Answer the questions the person who nominated you provided.
Nominate other bloggers and give them 11 questions.
Notify your nominees via social media and/or blogger love, the comment section of their blog.
List the ‘rules’ and proudly display the Sunshine Award logo in your post.
The questions given to me…
1) What are your plans for the weekend?
This weekend I have a soccer game with Little Girl. Then I am going to come home and de-summer my home. Time to get ready for fall.
2) You’ve been selected to cook a 5 course banquet for Prince Harry’s wedding anniversary. What’s on your menu? (They must be dishes you can actually cook yourself)
Well, being here in America I would say I can make a great steak tip, baked mac and cheese, Caprese salad, Boston baked beans, followed by good old apple pie with ice cream if the Prince wishes.
3) Describe your ideal Christmas day.
My entire family spending the day in our jammies around the tree. The fireplace going. Happy faces playing games, eating pickies, laughing and enjoying each other.
4) Elephants or penguins, and why?
Elephants of course. I have ridden an elephant an fell in love.
5) What is the scientific formula for a long and happy life?
Happy wife…happy life! I married the right man so I am a happy wife. You need to laugh often. Love hard. Forgive when needed!
6) If someone made a film of your life who would play you?
To play me would be Mellisa McCarthy.
7) What is your survival plan for the zombie apocalypse?
I would stick with my niece’s friend David Peters. He can fight off anything.
8) Which bloggers do you most admire and why?
There are a few. Any blogger that does a linky is tops in my book. Men and women bloggers who go out of their way to help newbies get their blog read is amazing. I came into the game not knowing anything. I stumbled upon a linky and that soon lead to another then another. This was a big help. Bloggers with high traffic that took time to notice my little project!
9) What is your superpower?
Adoption. The ability to love a child I did not create and still feel like she is flesh and blood!
10) What is your favorite dad joke?
Why do chicken coops only have two doors? Because if they had four, they would be chicken sedans!
11) The end of the world is coming and you have a secret bunker with unlimited supplies. Alongside your family there is room for 5 people. Which twitter folk (because famous people all have their own bunkers) would you save and why?
I would save @morgandraus, @nikkidraus, @Berea @shareaholic @beingawordsmith
I am now nominating the following bloggers
Emily at https://www.twinmummyanddaddy.com/
Cate at https://mymostlyaveragelifeblog.wordpress.com/
Diane at https://www.worthbeyondrubies.com/
- If you could have a cup of coffee with anyone in history, who would it be?
- Apple or an orange?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Beach or mountains?
- Where do you want to be in 20 years?
- Do you have plans for New Year’s Eve?
- Fake tree or real for Christmas?
- Favorite movie?
- Would you relive your teen years?
- Favorite sports team?
- Worst cartoon EVER made for kids?
Have fun with this and keep it going!